Wilma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phil K, Oct 19, 2005.

1. My heart sank when I read that it has intensified to Cat 5. I hope that it will weaken and steer away.

2. Been a tough year around the globe. I hope the same, it weakens and some how manages to miss.

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I'm heading to Florida friday morning. I'm hoping it will miss the Gulfcoast but is doesn't look good.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Coming to florida on friday just may not be a good idea :>))

5. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Hi Dave. I know I shake in my boots when we get residual hurricane winds of 60mph here in Richmond. I can't imagine living where the winds are 100+mph. I wonder why Floridians keep going back, rebuilding, and keeping their batteries fresh, but then when the weather is good, it must be a great place to be.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Considering this year's hurricane season...living in the midwest isn't such a bad locale after all. It has been said...but bears repeating, those members of our community that live in FL, please make safe decisions and protect yourselves. You get one chance at life folks, this isn't a dress rehearsal!

7. *muttering to self: "kwitcherbichin about the cold wet weather in Toronto and about how long the winters are"*

Sure hope our friends in the area stay safe or else get the h@ll outta there and so stay with friends in other parts of the state. No possessions are worth defending against Mother Nature - she always wins in the end! Like Franks says, you get one chance at life.

8. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I'm watching it closely. We are supposed to go to Panama City. So right now that looks halfway safe unless the storm widens out or move farther North. Gale you and Backdoctor are pretty close to the projected path aren't you. How long do you wait before getting out.