Wimberley customer service

I purchased a Wimberley gimbal head (WH-200) last June. Just recently, I started to have an issue in which the head would not lock down. Typically, turning the panning knob will lock down the head. However, on a few occasions, the head would continue to spin even when locked down. This also made it more difficult to remove the Wimberley from my tripod.

I sent the Wimberley in for repair yesterday via USPS Priority Mail. This afternoon, I already received a personalized email from customer service letting me know that the gimbal head arrived--and that they would inspect it later today.

Shortly thereafter, I received another email letting me know that some lubricant had worked its way into the panning knob which was causing the problem.

About an hour later, I received word that my gimbal head was fixed and was already on its way via UPS along with a tracking number! And, I was also told that there would be no charge for the repair or shipping costs.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with the customer service I received from Wimberley. Nobody wants to experience problems with gear, but it is nice to know that when a problem does occur--it will be dealt with promptly. Wimberley even offered to send me a loaner before I shipped my gimbal head in for repair so that I wouldn't be inconvenienced by having to go a few days without one!

Amazing customer service!!! :biggrin:

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom