Wimberly question

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Beezle, Sep 23, 2005.

1. So I am thinking about trying to adapt a Wimberly head for vertical and horizontal nodal point alignment. I realize there are spherical pano heads, but I don't care for click stops and want something very sturdy and fluid.

Seems the Wimberly is designed for gear much heavier than I would be using, so I should be able to achieve this.

One thought is since I will be setting up for the nodal point, will the center of gravity be a problem? Could easily be biased towards the rear. Figure the camera would be mounted about four to six inches behind the center of the mount. Lenses would be the 28-70 and 70-200. Nothing bigger.

Main question is, can I adapt it? I know I can set up the horizontal nodal point using a slide attached to the mount. But how much adjustability is there up and down? Could someone that uses this head comment on that?

Thanks,

Ed

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;