Window Dresser

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Apr 7, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

Thanks for looking ... Ray

2. took me a moment to see the face in that first one

mistook as two frames, that is a mind twist within the frame

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  3. Well, I'm a little disappointed with this pic. Everything worked out with the exception of the motion blur of her face. Unfortunately she turned around to look at me just as I hit the shutter. Thanks for the comments.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Even still, it came out pretty nicely! The window sash in the middle does split the photo in two - even though they are connected on the other side of the window, it looks like separate subjects!

And I know what you mean by struggling with timing. I find that getting the 'decisive moment' thing to be tough. I need to be much more patient than I usually am, and also letting a photo-op go when the moment has passed.

5. Hey Chris, I wanted the split image look but would have prefered her face to be in focus. Still, try to figure out what's in the display and what's a reflction! :biggrin: But, it was late in the afternoon-early evening and slow shutter speed. Oh, and the old 105mm f2.5 did a nice job here. Oh well, sometimes you just have to take what you get.

6. Yes sir, Ray! Good one! :)

7. That's a very interesting image.

I call that eye "the look." I get it often. Might have something to do with odd looks. :rolleyes:

8. Thanks Ned! Glad to see you still hanging around after selling your Nikon stuff! Did you get the 5D yet?

Ed, I wasn't so concerned about the look. If I get it I just smile and say thanks! Thanks for checking out the shot.

9. Ray, this reminds me of when you watch films........ and the camera is half in half out of the water.......... and so viewing two different worlds at the same time.

I hope you know what I mean!

Intriguing my friend!

G

10. Graeme, good to hear from you again! This one was a bit tricky. I had to get the angle just right so that her face was in the dark reflection of the tree branch. Thanks for looking.

11. What? This was an April Fool's joke, Ray!
    I'm a die-hard purist at heart so there's no way I'm gonna leave Nikon, ever! :biggrin:

And of course, I do hang around as usual, and I do follow my friend's posts :smile:

12. D-u-u-h! I must be getting really slow in my old age!

13. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    cool shot, scary in a way.