Windows 10, 2004 update

My machine is running fine but background colors are all screwed up. For example any Open Office documents that I open are black with green text. I went into Open Office options menu and changed default BG to white rather than "no fill". That fixed the document pages but all border/margin areas, menu bars, etc, still black with green text. Same for other misc apps with pages coming up black with green text. Also if I click on a file name to change it in Windows Explorer it changes to the same black with green text while in edit mode.

Anyone else seen this and/or know how to fix it? Diddled around with desktop settings like theme, BG, etc, and no love.

Perhaps you have turned on an accessibility feature (for people with poor vision).
Go to All settings/Ease of access/High contrast and turn it off.
Well.... almost. I checked my settings and high contrast was not turned on. But what I'm seeing does look just like one of the high contrast options. So I changed the color settings in one of the high contrast options to the "normal" windows colors, turned high contrast on, and voila. I have a work around. I suspect what's going on has something to do with my Nvidia video card. I checked and the drivers are up to date. Maybe in a few days someone will figure out that Windows broke something and Nvidia will update the drivers. We'll see. In the mean time thanks for pointing me in a direction that resulted in a work around.

Unrelated, but another color problem with Win 10 1909 and 2004:
I like a dark blue solid color background but once in a while it turns to solid black. The fix is to take a .jpg and use that as a background ("picture"). Pictures stick good.

Well got the new edge forced on me. One reason I hate Chrome is the stupid way the favorites drop down and you have to chase it around your screen. I like the simple IE panel style with folders. Found an extension that duplicates it. Works well other than it has a "feature" that opens it up when you mouse to the side.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom