WindowsXP RAW Viewer - How Nice!

K

Ken-L

The new WindowsXP RAW Viewer
It is so nice to be able to click and view RAW files as easily as JPGs!

Works great, fast and displays just enough EXIF Data. And, if I want to print it - voilà!

If you have Nikon View installed, be sure to read Section 7 in the ReadMe file.

Screenshot
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

K

Ken-L

gilbert said:
Ken,

How is the speed compared to Nikon View? Thanks!

-gilbert
On my desktop PC they both take 3 seconds, while Nikon Capture takes 24 seconds to open an NEF file.

What does section 7 say? On the 2 computers I installed it on, the readme failed to appear...just an empty IE window.

What does section 7 say? On the 2 computers I installed it on, the readme failed to appear...just an empty IE window.

K

Ken-L

Ruffles said:
Section 7 advises that the shortcut to NkvMon.exe that is in the Startup folder in the Start Menu must be removed if you have Nikon View installed.

I tried both the MS tool and Photo Mechanic last night. The MS tool is about the same speed as Nikon View on my PC (P4 2.8 1GB). Photo Mechanic flies. After an evening of use. I became convinced that the $ for PM was worth it and I uninstall the MS raw viewer.

P

papa85

Help

Can't find Nkvmon.exe, how do you find it and how do you remove it.
Tony

K

Ken-L

Re: Help

papa85 said:
Can't find Nkvmon.exe, how do you find it and how do you remove it.
Tony
Click on:
Start Menu
All Programs
Startup

The Startup Folder would have Nkvmon.exe (this is only a shortcut, not the program) in it, and you would see it there. If it is in that folder, right click on it and select Delete. If it is not in the Startup Folder, then you are okay, you don't have to do anything.

P

papa85

Got it thanks One more question

Do you select all Raw images and Non raw images to open as default? :?:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom