WindowsXP RAW Viewer - How Nice!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

The new WindowsXP RAW Viewer
    It is so nice to be able to click and view RAW files as easily as JPGs!

Works great, fast and displays just enough EXIF Data. And, if I want to print it - voilĂ !

If you have Nikon View installed, be sure to read Section 7 in the ReadMe file.

Screenshot
    [​IMG]

2. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Downloading it now. Thanks!! I don't usually shoot RAW but might as well as it to the XP pile.

3. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    Ken,

How is the speed compared to Nikon View? Thanks!

-gilbert

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

On my desktop PC they both take 3 seconds, while Nikon Capture takes 24 seconds to open an NEF file.

5. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    What does section 7 say? On the 2 computers I installed it on, the readme failed to appear...just an empty IE window.

6. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    What does section 7 say? On the 2 computers I installed it on, the readme failed to appear...just an empty IE window.

7. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Section 7 advises that the shortcut to NkvMon.exe that is in the Startup folder in the Start Menu must be removed if you have Nikon View installed.

9. I tried both the MS tool and Photo Mechanic last night. The MS tool is about the same speed as Nikon View on my PC (P4 2.8 1GB). Photo Mechanic flies. After an evening of use. I became convinced that the $ for PM was worth it and I uninstall the MS raw viewer.

10. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Guys, where do you get it. I did a google search and only came up with announcement news.
    Jarrell

11. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

12. papa85

papa85 Guest

Help

Can't find Nkvmon.exe, how do you find it and how do you remove it.
    Tony

13. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Re: Help

Click on:
    Start Menu
    All Programs
    Startup

The Startup Folder would have Nkvmon.exe (this is only a shortcut, not the program) in it, and you would see it there. If it is in that folder, right click on it and select Delete. If it is not in the Startup Folder, then you are okay, you don't have to do anything.

14. papa85

papa85 Guest

Got it thanks One more question

Do you select all Raw images and Non raw images to open as default? :?: