Critique Wine bottle with a misapplied label

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Mike Buckley, Oct 10, 2017.

1. I had never seen a wine label that was so incorrectly applied, so I just had to photograph it. The label on the right is the one that is misapplied.

I had a tough time coming up with a composition that tells the story effectively, so any ideas about a better way to tell it are appreciated. Another thought is that the story isn't worth telling. :eek:

Mike 2017-10-10--007-S.

• Like Like x 1
  2. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    The embarrassment and distress that this caused you when you brought out the bottle at your boss's birthday party can only be remedies by a free case from the winery.

3. Somebody on the bottling line at the winery was "sampling" the product.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oregon Pinot--should be tilting to the left :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. My boss is my wife (what married man's wife isn't his boss?) and her birthday is months away, though only one day before mine.

Also a good one!

7. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    What I meant is that a letter to the winery may be in order ... you never know how they react.

8. You've done well, but the way they are positioned doesn't make it clear to me that it's the label that is misapplied...looks like it could be that one bottle is not on the same level or plane as the other. Simple-minded me would just line them up side by side with your good lighting and shoot 'em full-length and straight-on.

9. I agree, someone on the line has been sampling......I got a kick out of the posts for this one. And that was worth it.

10. Oregon Pinot's are so good! If you don't want the mislabeled bottle please send it my way..

11. Your idea might work better, Jim. Perhaps I was trying to be too creative. The two bottles are on the same plane and are aligned next to each other. However, everything else about their positioning is asymetrical.

Agreed with both Birgit and Bohdan, though Bohdan will see this bottle only in his dreams and in this photo. :)

12. Number 3 son brought back a few Oregon Pinos after a trip to Portland. Will have to ask him to share

13. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    Hi Mike. The bottle with the correctly applied label is such a nice one that it would be nice to see it alone with your creative lighting .

14. You might remember the photo shown below from when we were participating at the other website. I made it three months ago.

Mike 2017-07-08--010-S.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  15. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    Aah, yes ... I remembered it as soon as I saw. Well, I think I would stick with this image Mike , your presentation is super :)

16. Rick Lunn

Rick Lunn

Jul 1, 2016
    North Dakota
    You sure that shot wasn't taken after drinking the bottle on the left? ;~)

17. I'm not sure of anything that happened after I drank it. :)

18. Rick Lunn

Rick Lunn

Jul 1, 2016
    North Dakota
    Was just in Oregon for a couple of weeks. They make many fine pinot noirs. Try Domaine Serene if you get a chance.