Wine foil designs - Inspired by Mike

I was struck by Mike's recent post of the handle on his Calphalon pan. As I was putting away a new shipment of wine, I was struck by the elegant design on the cap of the wine foil which reminded me of Mike's pan.

1. Powerful single vineyard Out of Sight Cabernet
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Their medium priced estate cabernet.

3. Their delicious Trilogy on the lower right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another yummy from the past. Haven't had their wine for eons. Thanks for the memory Mitch.
Rick, they just ran a promotion for subscribers. 6 bottles of cabernet chosen by them for $330 including shipping. A lot of these wineries are hurting for business now with tasting rooms closed and nobody eating in restaurants. My shipment had a few gems and an interesting bottle. Wines values totaled over $600.

Rick, they just ran a promotion for subscribers. 6 bottles of cabernet chosen by them for $330 including shipping. A lot of these wineries are hurting for business now with tasting rooms closed and nobody eating in restaurants. My shipment had a few gems and an interesting bottle. Wines values totaled over $600.
Way way way cool Mitch. I remember very little about Flora Springs and was surprised to see them. I bet their wine is yummy.

Really enjoyable set, Mitch. I just love noticing the tops of interesting foils and photographing them with a macro lens. Your photo of the three foils is especially satisfying.

I'm curious what you used to hold the bottom two bottles together. I ask because years ago great friends in South Africa gave me a pair of silicon thingies in the shape of a wine bottle and in the color of red wine that is used for exactly that purpose. I'm sure it's designed for holding bottles together in a centerpiece. Though I've used it that way once, I more often use it for my tabletop photography of wine bottles. I think six bottles in three layers is the most I've ever propped up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really enjoyable set, Mitch. I just love noticing the tops of interesting foils and photographing them with a macro lens. Your photo of the three foils is especially satisfying.

I'm curious what you used to hold the bottom two bottles together. I ask because years ago great friends in South Africa gave me a pair of silicon thingies in the shape of a wine bottle and in the color of red wine that is used for exactly that purpose. I'm sure it's designed for holding bottles together in a centerpiece. Though I've used it that way once, I more often use it for my tabletop photography of wine bottles. I think six bottles in three layers is the most I've ever propped up.
Thanks, Mike.

I've seen those silicone thingies but don't own them. I used two 5lb dumbbells to secure the lower bottles. They were placed under my black velvet cloth.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom