Critique Wine honoring the 2019 World Series Champions

My wife's sister and her husband gave us this bottle of wine as a Christmas present during the most recent holiday season because our home major league baseball team, the Washington Nationals, won their first World Series a couple months earlier. We'll drink the wine on March 26, which is opening day of the 2020 regular season. Hopefully we'll also be toasting to the Nationals' win that day.

The bottle was etched and painted by hand.

Setup
A foam pedestal was covered by a black shirt. The background was a panel of white vellum, which reflected light onto the edges of the bottle to outline it. A small continuous-light lamp was above and in front of the bottle. The background was replaced during post-processing by a texture from InfiniteTexturePanel.com.

InfiniteTexturePanel.com is more than cool! I wanted some brightly colored vertical lines in the background and flowing onto the black pedestal. So, I quickly used Photoshop CC to paint some brightly colored vertical stripes onto a field of black. I then "told" the InfiniteTexturePanel to look through its more than 10,000 images for something similar. The texture I selected for this photo is one of several it quickly found that I liked without looking any further.

Mike 2020-01-18--001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I like it Mike. May be you should make another photo with this bottle and the cap you uploaded ın your texture added photos thread. IMO they would look nice together.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom