Critique Wine: How Diane Keaton enjoys hers -- TAKE 3

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Mike Buckley, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:36 PM.

1. This third version is my and my wife's favorite. I mention my wife because any photographer knows that the spouse's preference is far more important than the photographer's preference. :ROFLMAO:

Setup
    The tabletop is is the same dark red presentation paper and the background is the same black velvet as in the first two versions.

The lighting scheme that added the rim light to the top of the bottle and outlined the glass and ice mostly in bright tones is also the same method used in the other two versions: The background filled the frame, no more and no less. A medium continuous-light lamp was behind the background and facing away from it toward a white wall.

First capture: A small continuous-light lamp was above the scene on the right to light the tabletop and to back light the ice. Second capture: A flashlight was added to the front left area to light the label. The flashlight produced unwanted reflections in the glass, so everything above the bottle and wine of the first capture was merged with everything else in the second capture.

The fake ice is the same acrylic used in the other two versions.

Mike 2017-12-06--008-S.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Especially if they are (or believe they are) paying the bill!

You wife has good taste, and that matches your patience and dedication to perfection. That is a dramatic shot. The bottle, and the label, stands out; the shadow of the glass is very strong; the glow to the right of the glass is very well done; and the ice (and "wine" :) ) look very natural.
    Bravo Mike.

3. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    Wow! This is the best of the set Mike, congrats.

4. Wow, this is a stunner, Mike! Excellent, just excellent! You really should send this to the winemaker's ad agency, see if they want to use it in their future ads.....

5. Thank you to Nick, Binnur and Connie! Very much appreciated.

6. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
  7. Certainly all three versions are excellent but I still like #1 the best.