Critique Wine in a bit of a different style for me

I don't know why I thought of wood and autumn leaves when I saw this wine label, but that's what immediately came to mind. So, I photographed it that way in a compositional style that is not my norm.

65% Merlot & 35% Cabernet Franc

Setup
The tabletop in the front is the rough side of leather and the tabletop behind it is black foam core. The background is black fabric. A small continuous-light lamp fitted with a diffusion sock was high on the right. A gold reflector with imperfections on the left added warm tones to that side of the wine bottle's label and foil and a warm reflection to that side of the portion of the bottle made of glass.

Focus Stacking
15 focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 stacked in Helicon Focus at its default settings.

Mike 2020-11-20--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
It has tones of "organic photography. I like it! Is it possible (or desireable?) to sharpen the wine label text a bit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you to Karen and Gary!

Is it possible (or desireable?) to sharpen the wine label text a bit?
I noticed that too as soon as I reviewed the image. It would be both possible and desirable to sharpen it a bit more. When I view the full-size file at 100%, everything including that text is really sharp. I use a preset process to automatically sharpen images downsized for display here and, clearly, that process didn't work quite well in this case.

I like it very much Mike. The top right part of the wood is a bit too bright and distracts me from the bottle. Just a bit darkening in that area might work well.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom