Critique Wine Spectator's #1 Wine of their Top 100 Wines of 2019

When I buy a second growth grand cru red Bordeaux, I always make a so-called obligatory, documentary photo of the top of the foil.

Setup
The tabletop is the brown mottled art paper used in the photo at the top of the thread. A small continuous-light lamp was on the top right and a white reflector above the subject brightened the crest.

Mike 2019-12-15--002-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I tend to buy case of good stuff, and drink one or two per year, but alas, have not done that recently. (bought an entire case of good stuff)

Hi Mike. I really like how the BG suits the label nicely as the colors are similar to each other. About the 3D look of the image, I can see a slight shadow on the table top but I agree with the other comments that the image doesn't look as 3D as your other images. But, of course you know better than me what to do about it as you are an expert about lighting.

Hi Mike. I really like how the BG suits the label nicely as the colors are similar to each other. About the 3D look of the image, I can see a slight shadow on the table top but I agree with the other comments that the image doesn't look as 3D as your other images. But, of course you know better than me what to do about it as you are an expert about lighting.
Thanks for your detailed thoughts, Binnur. I have decided to definitely give it another try. One reason for my motivation is that I have a more recently acquired bottle with about the same size label presenting the same issues that I want to photograph.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom