Wine

I just now selected a special Spanish Garnacha recommended by my brother-in-law's best high school friend, who happens to be a Master Sommelier. I'll pair that wine this weekend with rack of lamb to celebrate the conclusion of a wonderful season by our local Washington Nationals baseball team. We learn in tonight's final game of the World Series whether the team's season will prove to be merely sensational (if they lose the game) or truly stupendous (if they win the World Series). Either way, the fun of following their record-setting regular season and every pitch of their playoff games warrants a celebration. The wine is 2016 Daniel Gomez Jimenez-Landi's Cantos del Diablo.

Last edited:
I just now selected a special Spanish Garnacha recommended by my brother-in-law's best high school friend, who happens to be a Master Sommelier. I'll pair that wine this weekend with rack of lamb to celebrate the conclusion of a wonderful season by our local Washington Nationals baseball team. We learn in tonight's final game of the World Series whether the team's season will prove to be merely sensational (if they lose the game) or truly stupendous (if they win the World Series). Either way, the fun of following their record-setting regular season and every pitch of their playoff games warrants a celebration. The wine is 2016 Daniel Gomez Jimenez-Landi's Cantos del Diablo.
Checked online and wow. You are really celebrating. That is a pricey wine. Let us know if it was worth it. ;)

Last class

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The first one and the two Amarones were the stars of the show today.

The first one, a Prosecco, was undoubtedly the best wine of that variety that I have ever tasted.

Of the two Amarones, the Zeni was a bit lighter than the other one but still very full-bodied and rich. Both were soft and approachable with great depth of flavor. The Zeni rated a 94 from James Suckling, while the second one got a 94 from Robert Parker and was Amarone of the Year from Wine & Spirits.

I never knew that Gewurtztraminer is grown in Italy. The presenter said this was a rare one and it got a 93 rating from Robert Parker, but I didn't care for it at all.

The last one was a sweet red dessert wine the presenter called a "dessert Amarone". But as you know I don't care much for sweet wines (except Sauternes). It was served with chocolate.

How was the Nebbiolo? I ask because there are some wonderful Nebbiolos in Italy that are neither Barolo nor Barberesco.
I liked the Nebbiolo. It was quite complex, but it was served in the same flight with the Zeni Amarone which outclassed it significantly. It would go well with a tomato-sauced pasta dish.

It's actually difficult to think of a wine grape species not grown in Italy. I've read that there are over 400 regulated species grown there.
To emphasize that, the second Amarone from Tenute Sant' Antonio was made from a blend of 70% Corvina and Corvinone, 20% Rondinella, 5% Croatina and 5% Oseleta.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom