Wine

Far better description than I could ever write because I rarely taste the individual flavors.

I don't understand whether you like or dislike the quick finish. Most wine buffs highly value the longest possible finish so long as it tastes good.
I was trying to say that the quick finish existed with these two wines and that it was OK with me. Don't know why I couldn't have just used the previous sentence. Much clearer than what I posted above. I will attribute it to the fog of age. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OOOOH, OK. yeah mine is flawed, drawn without any wine content.

Yellow curve:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I probably would have done the same if I had even the slightest idea what the abscissa, the ordinate, and the asymptote are.
asymptote = what you fall on when you tote a case of wine, or after your drink a glass too much!
abscissa = what you get if you brush your teeth with wine
ordinate = what cheapskates do instead of ordering all 12 (a case).

I thought I had an unbelievably lucky day when I just now saw the 2009 Chateau Duhart-Milion advertised in an email at only $28. That was until I clicked "Buy Now" and saw that the price is really $140, which is much more like I would normally expect. I replied to the sender letting them know about the advertisement's pricing error. I don't suppose they'll make one bottle of it available to me at the $28 price as a thank you for letting them know. Nah. That'll never happen.

I got a cute and very clever email from a wine store about what to serve at Thanksgiving. The title of the piece is "What to Pour when the Family's at War." The suggestions are:
  • Your aunt is drunk by 1pm: Rosé
  • Your dad is making inappropriate jokes: chuggable reds
  • Your sister won't stop bragging about her kids: bubbles
  • Your creepy uncle won't let up: your favorite go-to bottle
  • Your mom dropped the turkey: grand cru red Burgundy

Last edited:
I got a cute and very clever email from a wine store about what to serve at Thanksgiving. The title of the piece is "What to Pour when the Family's at War." The suggestions are:
Don't have to be a sommelier to appreciate those pairings.

I might as well drop the bird and get started on the grand crus 🍷

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom