Wine

My wife and I started the evening with a Tempranillo with the plan to change to Chianti for the bulgogi dinner. This Tempranillo is so unusually fruity and low in tannins that I decided to try it with the bulgogi. I would switch, if necessary, to the Chianti. No need to switch; the Tempranillo was very enjoyable. Even so, I wouldn't normally recommend a Tempranillo because few are so fruity and so well balanced with acidity, which is why I've been buying a lot of this particular one.

A Tale of Two Wines
My wife came home from work, so to start off her Thanksgiving weekend I opened a bottle of Zin that we had never tried from our wine club. She was in the mood for big and bold and this wine has 14.6% alcohol, so I went for it. However, I warned her that the alcohol quantity might be too much. It was. Add to that that the wine by the club's own description is a bit on the sweet side. My wife likened the wine to cough medicine and I concurred. I'll use it to make lamb stew this weekend. So, I successfully switched to a wonderful red Bordeaux that I knew well and knew that we liked.

My plan for supper also included a wine that is new to us from the same shipment from our wine club. This one is 100% Semillon. I don't like Bordeaux white wine because the Semillon seems to add a bitter taste to the Sauvignon Blanc. Even so, I'm not sure we have ever had a wine made entirely from Semillon and the description of this one, if accurate to our taste, would pair fabulously with our supper. Indeed, it was fabulous! I'm gonna order six more bottles of it now to ensure that I get to it before my wine club runs out of it. If I buy six or more bottles, the price is a steal at $13 each.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom