Wine

Those odds are probably about the same as the chance of drowning on a teaspoon of water. The problem is that if you're that one-in-a-million person, you really don't care what the odds are.
That would be my good friend and btw, 0.1% is one per thousand. The chances of Rhabdomyolysis are correlated with people who are more fit rather than less. My friend stayed fit and was
an avid tennis player, hiker, skier...

He does still enjoy a good glass of red wine.

Last edited:
You're probably right.
In the interest of truth, justice and the American Way and out of a sense of duty to the DST, I have purchased four bottles of the libation in question from two different merchants and of two different vintages with the intention of performing rigorous testing to determine the root cause of the problem. This will necessitate risk to liver and waistline (one cannot properly test the wine without a properly paired meal) but I feel I must take the risk.

In the interest of truth, justice and the American Way and out of a sense of duty to the DST, I have purchased four bottles of the libation in question from two different merchants and of two different vintages with the intention of performing rigorous testing to determine the root cause of the problem. This will necessitate risk to liver and waistline (one cannot properly test the wine without a properly paired meal) but I feel I must take the risk.
Just an example of the lengths the Nikon Cafe' drinking team will go to. In vino veritas. (y)

WTSO.com is one of my top two wine suppliers. I've been using them for years and over the past year they changed their business model and website to accommodate more methods of looking for and purchasing wine. Everything is so much improved that I sent them a short email about that. They immediately thanked me for the feedback and provided a promo code worth $20 off my next order.

I think you mean:

Any wine worth drinking is worth drinking when paired only with a an unbroken glass.

:D
It is OK to break the glass after you've finished the wine. Since our urban air quality is negatively effected by wood burning fireplaces, throwing wine glasses at them is all they're good for now.

Too expensive to do with Riedel so, I've had to stop.

I went to college at Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston, Illinois, which was and still is the location of the national headquarters of the Women's Christian Temperance Union. No surprise that Evanston was dry. Also no surprise that the year I graduated and left town is when they became wet, but not until after I left town; sometimes my timing is mind-boggling.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom