Wine

Could also post this in the virus thread
But in solidarity for all our Italian friends, this what we had tonight to accompany a pork ragú with pappardelle. We've both thickened our blood and rejuvenated it! CHEERS!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Splurged on a little something comforting for the perilous times...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today is Johann Sebastian Bach's birthday. He was born 335 years ago, but who's counting? My wife and I will celebrate the day by listening to our favorite recording of his Mass in B Minor (my wife sang it professionally many times over the decades) and by enjoying one of our favorite main dishes -- rabbit topped with cheese and herbs with all of it wrapped in bacon and then everything baked inside a puff pastry. Asparagus on the side. The wine will be the 2015 Lioco "Estero" Russian River Chardonnay. We've enjoyed the refreshing, nuanced taste of their standard Chardonnay for years, which is different from the powerful California style, and this is our first time to try their high-end offering. We'll even compare it in a blind tasting with their 2017 standard version while the meal is cooking.

Last edited:
Today is Johann Sebastian Bach's birthday. He was born 335 years ago, but who's counting? My wife and I will celebrate the day by listening to our favorite recording of his Mass in B Minor (my wife sang it professionally many times over the decades) and by enjoying one of our favorite main dishes -- rabbit topped with cheese and herbs with all of it wrapped in bacon and then everything baked inside a puff pastry. Asparagus on the side. The wine will be the 2015 Lioco "Estero" Russian River Chardonnay. We've enjoyed the refreshing, nuanced taste of their standard Chardonnay for years, which is different from the powerful California style, and this is our first time to try their high-end offering. We'll even compare it in a blind tasting with their 2017 standard version while the meal is cooking.
Sounds fun Mike.

where do you find rabbit to cook since the hunting season is now over?
Various websites sell it. I use dartagnan.com for all of my exotic meats and for others as well. I wait for a 30% - 40% sale, which essentially pays for the cost of shipping if I order enough stuff in one order. Delivery to my home is a great benefit.

I look forward to viewing your photos of wildflowers.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom