Wine

You might have thought I was joking about the wine helping me be a better cook. (I was.) The problem is that I apparently need to become a LOT better. I kid you not, I was about to call my wife to the table for a dinner of spaghetti and meatballs with a side of garlic bread when I realized I had left out one teensy weensy detail: I hadn't cooked the pasta. SHEESH!

I'm blaming it on the covid toe!

Last edited:
I love wine delivery! Im waiting on a few bottles for today. Sadly my local store isn't very well stocked.

My beer cellar is stocked with aging stouts (some nearing three years). My wife sees to it that the wine doesn't last long enough to age past a few days.

Last edited:
Today is the anniversary of the famous blind wine tasting held in Paris in 1976, which was commemorated with lots of artistic license in the movie, Bottle Shock. The winning red and white wines were from Napa Valley despite that all the judges were from France. The results put Napa on the international wine map.

My wife and I will celebrate by drinking two special wines that are new to us. Before supper, we'll try a Napa Chardonnay that is supposed to be in the style we prefer. During supper we'll pair a Vino Nobile di Montepulciano with loin of venison and raspberry sauce.

Today is the anniversary of the famous blind wine tasting held in Paris in 1976, which was commemorated with lots of artistic license in the movie, Bottle Shock. The winning red and white wines were from Napa Valley despite that all the judges were from France. The results put Napa on the international wine map.

My wife and I will celebrate by drinking two special wines that are new to us. Before supper, we'll try a Napa Chardonnay that is supposed to be in the style we prefer. During supper we'll pair a Vino Nobile di Montepulciano with loin of venison and raspberry sauce.
Mike, thanks for the reminder! I have a good bottle of Stag's Leap Cabernet to open this evening. They won the red wine category.

The winning chardonnay was from Chateau Montelena. One of our favorite wineries.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom