Wine

Idaho wineries can open tomorrow, with several limitations. And restaurants can too. I believe that WA and OR now allow tastings by appointment (to limit numbers at one time) in may parts of each state.

I can't wait for things to go back to normal, there's a beautiful winery about 20 minutes away I can't wait to go to back

Most of the wineries I've bought from are offering free shipping and sizable discounts. I recently saw the BV George de Latour Private Reserve Cabernet for less than $100. Expensive, but a bargain in today's wine world. We're currently stocked up and going into a remodel, so I can't buy for a while. Bummer, I've never seen as many bargains at all levels.

I drank a very enjoyable Pinot Noir made by Martin Ray tonight. It has a simple, elegant front label, part of which is written in cursive. I'm considering writing to the winery to remind them that the youngest people old enough to be legally drinking wine don't even know how to read cursive because it stopped being taught in schools years ago. Heck, the younger wine drinkers not yet old enough to be drinking it legally also don't know how to read cursive. :ROFLMAO:

Which varietal do you drink more than any other?

In our house, its Chardonnay. That is our daily evening aperitif, and it also goes well with much of the food we eat. And it's the one wine we can agree on. I would prefer something like Sauvignon blanc occasionally, and Mrs. T. would prefer Riesling, but we can compromise on Chardonnay and usually do.

In our house it's probably Syrah (or Syrah dominant wines) and Tempranillo (or blends dominated by Temp) and Mourvedre/Monastrell. Whites: Gewurtz, Rieseling and Vinho Verde. Chard is probably at the bottom of our list.

Daily red - zinfandel from various California areas. White with seafood - Chablis or Macon Villages, or if I feel wealthy Meursault. White with spicy - Mosel or Rheingau depending on dishes.

We don't drink much chard, but the best of the buttery ones work uniquely well with salmon or halibut in a creamy porcini or truffle sauce. A great indulgence

There used to be (and maybe still is) a publication of consumers' ratings of wine that is similar to the Zaggat's publication for restaurants. (Sorry I can't remember the name of the publication.) One of the criteria was how well an opened bottle of wine improved over the next four or five days. My point is that a lot of wine intended for daily drinking really does improve during that period of time. I regularly drink left over wine and I've never used any device intended to keep it as fresh as when it was opened.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom