Wine

I'd recommend the Pine Ridge Chenin-Blanc/Viognier blend. Inexpensive and interesting.
Probably my fav domestic chenin; always dependable.
I agree except that I don't like it when every once in awhile they make it a tad bit bubbly (that word is too strong but I can't think of the right word).
You folks made that recommendation back in January when I asked for suggestions to go with cheese fondue. I did get a couple of bottles then, but not until a few days after we had the fondue.

I bring it up now to report that it was the star of the show last Friday evening when we had friends over for a socially-distanced cookout on our deck. We served it along with grilled chicken and vegetables. I also opened a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and an Oregon Pinot Noir. All three wines were appreciated but the Pine Ridge drew the greatest accolades.

My wife and I are signed up for a virtual wine tasting tomorrow evening. This has been organized through a local wine shop and a few friends. Should be interesting, but I've had no input into the wine selections. My wife told me the three bottles for the tasting arrived today. One a Rose. Can't say I've ever had Rose.

My wife and I are signed up for a virtual wine tasting tomorrow evening. This has been organized through a local wine shop and a few friends. Should be interesting, but I've had no input into the wine selections. My wife told me the three bottles for the tasting arrived today. One a Rose. Can't say I've ever had Rose.
I was about to ask how you taste a virtual wine, but I guess you have explained it.

We've been doing virtual tastings (some of us have been with group for 35+ years, and we taste every 2 weeks). One person picks out the wine and the owner of the wine store fills up little bottles for each person to collect on the day of the tasting. Then the Zooming takes over!
Next week is Rosé wines. Typically we do these blind/double blind and spend a lot of time trying to figure them out. Last week my wife and I selected 3 Petite Sirah wines (Idaho, CA and Australia). Lots of guessing as these aren't wines many people drink on a regular basis.
We've been drinking Rosés the past week, now that spring has ended/summer has shown up. A stand out has been this--a bright and assertive wine with a nice touch of spice.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom