Wine

While you were guzzling quality by the glass, I was suffering through an afternoon with my know-it-all colleague and fellow retiree. I won't get into his vast knowledge about digital photography (shoots his P&S Olympus at the fastest ISO and smallest Jpg settings that he can, 'coz, "that's where the power is at"). He served 2 wines, Perrin's Cru de Coudoulet CDR and an Australian Syrah from the Hunter valley—both 1985s! :eek: He hadn't decanted them and both had enough sediment to plant grapes in, and both had been open 2 days or so. Yuck would be a kind comment. No fruit of any kind, not even dead prunes. No acid, no details, but "no sign of oxidation". Dull cloudy dusty brick in color. He's done this several times with wines that should have been drunk 2-3 years after release. Fortunately we had other wines to enjoy. Ah the life of a wine snob🍷🍾

While you were guzzling quality by the glass, I was suffering through an afternoon with my know-it-all colleague and fellow retiree. I won't get into his vast knowledge about digital photography (shoots his P&S Olympus at the fastest ISO and smallest Jpg settings that he can, 'coz, "that's where the power is at"). He served 2 wines, Perrin's Cru de Coudoulet CDR and an Australian Syrah from the Hunter valley—both 1985s! :eek: He hadn't decanted them and both had enough sediment to plant grapes in, and both had been open 2 days or so. Yuck would be a kind comment. No fruit of any kind, not even dead prunes. No acid, no details, but "no sign of oxidation". Dull cloudy dusty brick in color. He's done this several times with wines that should have been drunk 2-3 years after release. Fortunately we had other wines to enjoy. Ah the life of a wine snob🍷🍾
You have my commiseration. Conversation must have been awkward.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom