Wine

I joked about the box cutter my next-door neighbor gave me until I just now used it for the first time. It cuts the tape and double layers of cardboard boxes easier than anything I've tried ranging from a standard box cutter to carving knives from the kitchen. Most of my wine is ordered online, so this serrated box cutter will come in very handy when opening and occasionally cutting up the boxes so they fit in the recycle bin.

Only $10 at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/CANARY-Corrugated-Cardboard-Fluorine-DC-190F/dp/B008RIS0UY

I have a large collection of corkscrews and use the Chateau Lagioule (genuine and expensive) all the time. I've also given them several times as gifts and they've become the first choice of everyone. Like the best tripod, buy right, buy once. I have a few specialty corkscrews for old bottles, etc., but for day-to-day the Lagioule are unbeatable and beautiful.

Of course, my daily Zin comes with a screw cap...

Looking forwerd to yer thawtz on the 2017.

I find this to be a strange wine. It is quite pleasant, but it has a flavor that I have never tasted in any other Chardonnay, indeed in any other wine. It is hard to characterize, but the closest I can come is to call it "floral", i.e. suggestive of flower scents. And it is not dry like I expected.

I have enjoyed Chardonnay from CA. OR, WA, France, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Chile but I've never tasted one with this characteristic. Nevertheless, I think we will enjoy finishing it.

I find this to be a strange wine. It is quite pleasant, but it has a flavor that I have never tasted in any other Chardonnay, indeed in any other wine. It is hard to characterize, but the closest I can come is to call it "floral", i.e. suggestive of flower scents. And it is not dry like I expected.

I have enjoyed Chardonnay from CA. OR, WA, France, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Chile but I've never tasted one with this characteristic. Nevertheless, I think we will enjoy finishing it.
What's the ABV Jim?

I've never heard of a still wine made from Chardonnay that isn't dry. You mentioned floral flavor and to my taste people often confuse floral characteristics with sweetness. However, my taste buds are probably close to non-existent, so it's probably best to ignore me when it comes to anything about taste.

I see that VIvino clearly indicates that the 2017 vintage is an off-dry wine.

Ahhhh, now an explanation: Alcohol 14.1%. Definitely no reason to think it's not dry, but we'd have to know the sugar content to be sure.

The 2019 vintage is 13.3%.

I always check alcohol levels before buying red wine but I would never have thought of doing that for a Chardonnay or most white wines.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom