Wine

Did you enjoy the Aglianico? I ask because I've never found one I like.

We were allowed to bring home partially finished bottles. I brought home one and it was the Aglianico. It is sitting before me at the moment but I admit it's not that enjoyable.

Saving the most expensive wines for last. :)

Ah, yes. He mentioned Amarone and Barolo as representatives of Italy's best.

Last edited:
I've always liked Aglianico, with it's earthy, mushroom and pepper details. Admittedly, it needs about 10 years of age and goes exceptionally well with gamey meats, or rich and spiced foods, strong cheese and so on.

I will be exploring local BC wines for a couple more years yet. This one I give a 7/10
Wine Jackson - triggs.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aglianico...needs about 10 years of age

Maybe the problem is that I've never had an Aglianico that would reliably hold up that long. Even if I did find one that would be expected to have such a long life, I think the problem is that I just don't like the flavor of Aglianico; I don't like the flavor of brussel sprouts, so no matter how old or young they are, I won't like them (not that I'll ever give them another try).

Real Name
Doug
Maybe the problem is that I've never had an Aglianico that would reliably hold up that long. Even if I did find one that would be expected to have such a long life, I think the problem is that I just don't like the flavor of Aglianico; I don't like the flavor of brussel sprouts, so no matter how old or young they are, I won't like them (not that I'll ever give them another try).
What pairs with green eggs and ham? Asking for a friend.

I've always liked Aglianico, with it's earthy, mushroom and pepper details. Admittedly, it needs about 10 years of age and goes exceptionally well with gamey meats, or rich and spiced foods, strong cheese and so on.

This one didn't strike me as tannic enough to have significant aging potential, but perhaps I was mistaken.

Latest threads

Top Bottom