Wine

I was 80 miles away from the Woodstock Concert, but the Army threatened to court martial anyone who attended. As a former professional musician, I almost risked it. But then this is a wine forum and I don't remember Woodstock being big with wine lovers.

On a truly happy note, I'd heard that Hog Island Oyster Company was having economic difficulties due to CV-19, so I placed an order for oysters and mussels. Enjoyed a nice breakfast of a dozen Hog Island smalls with a glass of 2017 Cherrier Freres Sancerre, followed by a second breakfast of steamed mussels with garlic, shallots and butter and, of course, more wine.

Almost noon, so I should look into lunch.
Morning buzzes can be very enjoyable :) ?

The music that followed was The North Mississippi Allstars "Up and Coming" CD. It's up there with Joe Bonamassa and John Hiatt as favorites to play along with. I accompanied all tracks on bass.

My wife was working in the yard, so the volume went up.

Customers place their order online, wait no more than a day to receive confirmation that the order is ready to pick up, and then drive to the store's parking lot. The clerk puts everything in your car.

Mike 2020-05-17--013-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Wish I lived close enough to a Total Wine to take advantage of it. Our local wine shop, Vintage Cellars, will do curbside delivery. But their selection is much smaller and prices much higher.

The recent comments about pairing wine with classical music got me thinking. After listening today to Mahler's Symphony #8 "Symphony of a Thousand," I decided that no single wine will suitably pair with so many different sounds during such a long piece (about 80 minutes). At best, maybe a big red wine for Part 1 and a big, bright Chardonnay for Part 2.

When my wife was listening to Ravel's Bolero, I got the idea that someone should do a slow-motion video of pouring Barolo to part of Bolero. (Try saying Barolo Bolero three times in a row!)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom