Wings s p r e a d ;-) + mixed bag

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Couple more osprey, they are beautiful birds and bigger than I once thought. First one covered the full frame, no crop........

original.

Not a great pic, but really liked the lighting, was at last light....

original.

baby ducks (american widgeon) I believe

This guy was a longggg ways away.....
    View attachment 9930

2. Great shots!

The first two make me fear for the babyducks in the third.

The fox is a great capture too, hard to get in the wild!

Thanks Keith, for sharing!

BTW What lens did u use? Seems like the 400 f2.8?

3. Keith, #1 is incredible!! I had the same thought as Michael when I saw the 3rd photo. I love the red fox pic. Wish I could be lucky enough to see one in the wild.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Keith,

Really great stuff kiddo. Beautiful images.

Like the little dalmation baby ducks....soooo cute :>)))

5. Keith:

Great images. Love the fox and the ducklings.

Gil

6. I am SOOOOO Jealous!

That Osprey is just AWESOME :!: That bird is #1 on my list of "wants", and someday I'll find one.

Superb..........

7. Hi Michael...

You are correct, this was with my 400mm f2.8 with no TC :cry: . God only knows how long I will have to wait to try and get another shot at that fox, that was about the 5th ever red fox I have ever seen, but I know where he lives now :wink: thanks for looking Michael

8. Thanks Kevin.....

I use to say that too, now I find I get out more, I see more. LOL.............thanks for looking Kevin

9. How did I know.............

you would like those little babies, never thought about all those spots, LOL.........I had some great shots if they would have turned out of the two males fighting in the air, they were sharp, just dark. LOL........last light

thanks for looking Gale
    Keith

10. Re: I am SOOOOO Jealous!

Thanks Bill, its nice once in a while when things come together, now I just need to find a kite that looks like this :wink: You know, decoys. :lol:

11. Hi Keith,

Great shots - all of them!!! The golden light on the second one sure adds color!

I had the same thought about the baby ducks. I took some pictures of some baby geese down at Rivershore Park a couple of weeks ago. The last time I went down there, there were about 2 dozen geese, but not one baby. I did, however, see a bald eagle fly by and there is supposed to be a pair nesting at the ballpark less than a kilometer away. I think those baby geese were breakfast for some other babies!

I've got some lenses on order from The Camera Store in Calgary for my "new-to-me" D2H. The 300 f4 I wanted was backordered :( :( but I will have a 70-200VR and 1.7 TC. :) :) I hope to get out and try it out towards the end of next week. Lots to learn stepping up from the Coolpix 4500, but it's sure going to be nice having everthing at my fingertips. The ergonomics on the 2H are great.

Anyway, awesome shots and good luck going back after that fox. :) :) :)

12. Thanks Dennis!

congratulations on your new D2h!!! Your going to have a ton of fun, look forward to seeing your pics

Keith

13. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

I really like the second shot with the light on the body, adds colour and depth, quite different than a typical bird shot.

Beautiful birds though!!

Joel.

14. Great series they look better here than on DPR must be the atmosphere!!! :D Your wildlife shots are becoming some of the best on here

15. Hi Keith,

I do love this series, especially the #2 Osprey, i.e.: the golden glow on the feathers.

Thanks for sharing.

16. howdy

thanks Joel, much appreciated.................the lighting was unique hence why I kept it......thanks for looking

Keith

17. hi Mike..............

Cant say I noticed the difference, will have to go an take a peeky boo now. Sharp eye............... I hope all is well

Keith

18. thanks Harrie

glad I kept it, dang near tossed it. thanks for looking.............threads are going fast, have to catch up........

thx
    Keith