Wingscale Calendar 2006

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Bob the Spiderman, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Pam and I thought that you would like to see an example of the 'Wingscale Calendar that we have had to design for 'The World of Insects' Exhibition that is being held at the end of October at Beauvais which is just north of Paris.
    Rather than just take 13 pictures on an adhoc basis Pam came up with the idea of matching the wingscales pictures to the colours of the month. So after a lot of searching we came up with the pictures and these are The Cover- January-February - May and August. They are a mixture from Ornithoptera and Papilios and we are very pleased with the final result. By the way some are being made into large posters that will also be on display.

Hope you like them, and our thanks to Paul aka MontyDog for his help with bringing these to you.

BW. Bob F and Pam H.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just Excellent.

Got to echo Paul..Yeah copy cat :>)))

Great success Bob and Pam.

5. Beautiful!!!

clapsmiley.

6. Bob, these are really good. I am sure the calender looks superb.

Cheers

7. Thanks Harry. I took your advice and 'softened' the flash slightly by angleing the flash gun from closer to the plane of the wings and moving it further away so that f/16 was the f.stop used. This gave a much better resullt as the depth of colour came through and the scales were not blasted to oblivion.

BW. Bob F.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Bob, these are WONDERFUL!!! How can we (members of the public at large) get a copy of the calendar? (I want one!)

9. Hi Chris, this is Pam, Bob is reading Peter F. Hamilton's latest Sci-Fi book in bed. Because the print run is small, I am afraid that each calendar will be about $30 & P/P.This is bascially cost and does make them rather expensive for somebody who is not an Entomologist. However they are really beautiful & if this price is ok with you, then when we get them in about 21 days time we can send you one & you can pay our paypal account.
    Best wishes Pam and Bob F.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanks BOB...
    Yeah I would love to see a poster of those ..The colors are just superb.

Again so glad they turned out so great.