Winter Concert 2005 (Many pics)

Discussion in 'People' started by SRA, Jan 2, 2006.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Well, Christmas Vacation is over tomorrow and I will be back in the office to start dancing, coaching and teaching again. I want to share some snapshots from my closing concert of last semester. Not great photos, but we had a great concert and sold out all five performances. A great experience for these future professionals.

FYI: I lost another one of my adjunct faculty to "Dancing With The Stars" again. Look for her on the next episodes. Her name is Andrea and she is a tall slender brunette or blonde depending on her costume. Last year I lost another beautiful teacher who actually won the competition.

Anyway, here are some shots from the dress rehearsal. All natural light with a D70 and 70-200 VR f/2.8.

The Opening Routine:
    The girls hated the wigs until they saw themselves on stage.
    orig.

This pose belongs to a Cabaret:
    This is a new freshman dancer who won a four year scholarship in dance.
    View attachment 23453

An American Style Foxtrot:
    I wish there was a better angle on this dress as it has about $2,000 worth of rhinestones on the front.
    View attachment 23454

The vocalist for a New York Hustle:
    I always seem to have a plethora of singers and musicians amongst my dancers.
    View attachment 23455

A Rumba Solo:
    These dancers are two of my team captains, ironic that they are very intense on stage, but very shy off.
    View attachment 23456

A Tango solo:
    I, along the the audience, enjoyed this solo so much last year that I brought it back for a return engagement.
    View attachment 23457

A Comedy Quickstep Routine:
    I have another singer who spends time knocking down other dancers during this routine.
    View attachment 23458

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks fro posting these Scott!
    We've missed you here on the cafe. Glad to hear that things have been going well for you.

Hope to hear from you more in the coming weeks.

Regards,

3. Thanks for posting these great images Scott!! I was wondering when I was going to be able to see some of your work again.

-Brett

4. Love your images Scott. You have an exciting occupation and it is nice that you can incorporate it with your photography hobby. Thanks for sharing these images, the dancers look super.

5. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Pat,

I'll try to get some rehearsal images up from this next month. FYI, there is a strong possiblity that we may be playing in Oklahoma City in March. I'll keep you informed.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Scott :>))

Wonderful again. I really love your dancers and costumes.

What else to say but ...WOWOWOWOOW

Really nice shots. Love the atmosphere.

7. Hi Scott...All are very nice and totally awesome. The second one is my favorite which I love the composition.