Wireless flash sync for SB800 using D100

I have a D100 and I wonder if I can use it to control external flash such as the new SB800 wirelessly. What do I need to do for my D100 to work just like Nikon has advertised it with their D2x?

Thanks

Hi Ly

You might need to buy another SB800 to act in commander mode for the SB600/SB800 wireless slaves.

The only camera in Nikon's line up as far as I know that can trigger an SB600/SB800 wirelessly with it's native internal flash is the D70.

Unfortunately, the true wireless TTL requires the iTTL logic, which is not in the D100.

You CAN fire the SB800 wirelesly using the D100 onboard flash as a trigger, but only in "manual" flash mode. This involves some calculations to come up with the correct camera aperture, but it does work.

kjoosten said:
Unfortunately, the true wireless TTL requires the iTTL logic, which is not in the D100.

You CAN fire the SB800 wirelesly using the D100 onboard flash as a trigger, but only in "manual" flash mode. This involves some calculations to come up with the correct camera aperture, but it does work.
I'll work on that. Really appreciate you help Kent.
Hi

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom