1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wireless Home network

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F15Todd, Apr 4, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    My first try at setting up a wirelss ad-hoc home network is not going well. Who wants to fly to England and show me how to do this...

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ad hoc is pretty lame. I don't use it often. An access point/router is the way to go for simplicty.

What kind of issues are you having? What operating systems, what wireless hardware are you using.

I'll help you figure it out.

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    My wife rules!!! I had to work today so I didn't
    stay up late last night playing with this wireless
    stuff. I woke up today to find she got it all up and
    running.

She cooks, cleans, is an RN, does my tech
    support...I've got it good. :) 

4. Wow Todd... lucky you!!! Does she have a sister...? :wink:
    I'm single... :D 

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Trust me I got the good one. I wouldn't wish her sister on a Canon user

6. Wow Todd you have it better than good. My wife has a hard time turning the computer on.

7. WOw keep that woman, glad you got it up and running

8. LOL!....

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, my wife & her entire family of 9 sisters and brother can't hook a DVD player up to a TV - it sits there for 3 months until I show up to hook it up for them.

My father-in-law calls me over to "fix" his stereo system. It takes me only 2 seconds, to fix (plug power into outlet), but 5 mintues for him to explain what's wrong (and I still don'ts get it).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.