Wireless remote release info?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by zeus1, Sep 26, 2008.

1. zeus1

zeus1

Dec 14, 2006
    Belgium
    I ma looking for a wireless remote release for my D200.
    What can You recommend?

2. Similar to what J-P wrote, search for Phottix on ebay. They work well and are RF (so you don't need line of sight).

3. zeus1

zeus1

Dec 14, 2006
    Belgium
    TXS, JPS and Jemaerca, that's the info I was looking for...
    Now, I You know of somebody selling them in the USA, Europe or the UK....import from Hong Kong to Belgium can be problematic (long delays, trouble with customs etc.)

4. Rik,

These guys will typically send via mail (as opposed to courier like DHL, UPS, or Fedex) in a very small package. That will cause customs delays?

5. zeus1

zeus1

Dec 14, 2006
    Belgium
    After some surfing on ebay and related web ites, I ordered a Phottix Cleon N8 from "Hong Kong Supplies".
    And now, be patient, read a good book, and wait for the mail man :wink:

6. stringbean98

stringbean98

Jul 8, 2008
    NYC
    Zeus,

I ordered the Phottix just a few weeks ago and when it finally arrived, I was Extremely surprised with the build quality. I was expecting something Really shabby looking, but it isn't at all. Everything works as expected... it's very easy to use. You're going to love it!

7. zeus1

zeus1

Dec 14, 2006
    Belgium
    I ordered the Phottix remote on 09/29, and received it today 10/13 by air mail from Hong Kong. Must confess, it seems solidly built, good packaging, etc. There is no real user guide, You need the smallish print on the box on how to use this new gadget.

Will try it out and re-post in a few days.