wish me luck...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrewC, Mar 29, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    so i had somewhat of an interview for a position at the local camera shop today... i'm always in there dreaming 'bout the gear i'd buy if i had the money, maybe now i'll be able to sell it to other people!

i find out wednesday, wish me luck...

-drew

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Good luck, Drew!

My senior year in high school and the first year or so of college I worked in our local camera shop. Of course, that was back in the days of film! Really a major learning experience. I hope you get the job! Just don't spend all your paychecks on gear right away!:wink:

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    yeah, thats what i'm afraid of... i could spend a TON of money there, but i really think i can learn a lot from the guys there too

4. Good Luck!

5. Hey good luck Drew, but isn't this like giving a kid a job in a candy store?:smile:

6. Oh ohhhh, you're in trouble now. You'll take every paycheque home in trade!!! *LOL*

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Best of success to you
    Don't buy out the store:>))))) Just buy and own the store:>)))lololol

8. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    haha, you guys act like i have the job already! i've gotta wait till wednesday!

9. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    well... i got it! i spent some time in the shop today getting used to the inventory, and i start officially on monday!

10. Congratulations to you, too... I just got my first photography related job, but it's not selling gear, I'm assisting a local photographer... both sound like fun, as long as it's being around photography related things... at least I won't have to push Canon gear :biggrin:

11. Good luck Drew - I was just reading your "for sale" deliberations posts and thinking somebody in Duluth ought to give that guy a good-paying job!

Sean

12. Congratulations

13. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

employee discount??

14. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    at cost :wink: or somethin like that?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  15. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    thanks guys... i'm pretty excited about this job, however, i'm going to be selling a lot of p/s cameras and i need to freshen up on my p/s knowledge... i've been reading too much bout dslr's...
    the d40x they have there looks pretty nice! too bad its so small tho...

16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    woooohooo
    GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    it isn't that great of a wage, but if i sell plenty of camera's and lenses... i can make a lot! (promo stuff for selling certain manufacturer's stuff)

18. Hope you get the job Drew.

19. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    greyflash... got it, thanks

-drew

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.