With apologies to "The Byrds"

I just made a little slide show with some birdie pics. Wanted to give this a try here, maybe some of the members will like these things.

Go to this link;

http://www.decamp.net/tern.exe

Download file to YOUR PC, note will not run on Apple Computers. When file is on your system click the file (tern.exe) to play, turn up your speakers and enjoy.

This is a slide show set to music and is about 8MB in size, so it could take a while to download on a slow connection! It is 100% safe!!!

Real Name
Chris
I wish I were more versed in Flash, but I don't even own the program. Perhaps there are some Flash animation/slideshow producers here. I would love to learn it.

*LOL* I'm glad I'm not the only ol' fart around here whose musical tastes are stuck in the 70's. Great slideshow George. Amazing that you got all these great shots of a difficult bird to capture on film. I know - I've tried!!!!
Don't know if you actually planned it but the slideshow lands at a baby tern as the song is "a time to be born..." and then goes to a bird with a fish in its mouth at "a time to reap...." *LOL* You're a genius if you planned this, and if not, fate was on your side in the making of this. Great photos here. Only thing I would change is the background to black instead of white as I think the white overpowers your pics, otherwise, good show!

TOLady said:
Don't know if you actually planned it but the slideshow lands at a baby tern as the song is "a time to be born..." and then goes to a bird with a fish in its mouth at "a time to reap...." *LOL*

Actually I set it up that way! :D :D
Between you and me though it's a baby plover but don't tell anyone!:lol:

The white background was used because I had a white background around the images and I was too lazy to do them over again! I know I should have and usually spend more time on these but I was testing out the latest release of the software and just did this as a test! I have others on my website that are a lot more pleasing to look at. 8)

Thanks for the kind words! These are really easy to do, you use PictureToExe to make the shows. I have been using this program since October 2001 and paid $24 for it with lifetyime free upgrades, The author is from Russia and a really nice guy!

http://www.wnsoft.com/

If anyone is interested link to their website is above.

George

My sound card doesn't work but if they were mine i'd go for "Eight Miles High"the live version on their best double album "Untitled""

Absolutely stunning pictures of my favorite birds,great work!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I set it up that way!
Well, ain't you the smart little cookie!!!! Good for you, I'm impressed - takes thought and planning.....

Between you and me though it's a baby plover but don't tell anyone!
I kinda thought so as I have shot baby terns this spring and this one didn't look like them, but wasn't going to nitpick. Sometimes I can get a little TOO AR and was going to leave that one alone. Kudos to you for 'fessing up!

I've used PicturestoExe for a while but a lot of folks can't receive or open an exe file, esp if they're at work. My new DVD home theatre system can't play my old VCD slideshows so now I have to use Ulead DVD Creator but it works well and the screen doesn't flicker like some other programs caused. For the stuff on my PC, I still use PicsToExe though. Terrific program and never lets me down.

I just downloaded a trial of Macromedia Flash MX to see if I cd learn flash, but sure doesn't look easy from the quick glance I had at the manual. Also looking around my desk, I think I've got enough on my plate without learning a whole new program and new environment!

Do some more slideshows - these are very enjoyable!

Real Name
Chris
Wow George - now that I'm at work I'm able to enjoy your show! Quite a nice production, excellent music quality and even better photography!

And the choice of music: 'Tern, tern tern' by the Birds. (heh) - cool.

Now I'm gonna have to download 'em all!

George,this is very well done. How in the world did you get the images to be so sharp in Picturetoexe? Isn't this a program that converts the images to a video, and thus you lose a lot of sharpness? Yours are great so do you make any special settings within the program?
Jarrell

George,

Very nice slide show.

Thanks for reminding me of this great little program. I had tried it out once quite a while back, but never bought it. So, I just went a bought it.

Tom

Jarrell said:
George,this is very well done. How in the world did you get the images to be so sharp in Picturetoexe? Isn't this a program that converts the images to a video, and thus you lose a lot of sharpness? Yours are great so do you make any special settings within the program?
Jarrell

Jarrell,

I can answer, as I've tried it out. You don't need to convert it to a movie file. It makes its own executable file and preserves the pictures as they are. It's really quite a lot of fun to use. You should try it out.

Tom

Jarrell said:
How in the world did you get the images to be so sharp in Picturetoexe? Isn't this a program that converts the images to a video, and thus you lose a lot of sharpness?
Jarrell

What Tom said! You just plug your images in and the program just uses them to create the sllide show in the order you set and with the music you choose.

TOLady said:
*LOL* I'm glad I'm not the only ol' fart around here whose musical tastes are stuck in the 70's.

70s! Holy orange and yellow leisure suit batman. It all went to hell in a handbasket once the Beatles came over.

My heros:
Bill Haley & the Comets,
Fats Domino
Little Richard
Carl perkins
His holiness..Chuck Berry

And....Elvis was/is NOT the king of Rock 'n Roll! At least in Chicago. Anyone remember the WJJD top 40?

Rich

Latest threads

Top Bottom