With news of D300s, any possibility of upgraded firmware on D90?

This is regarding the new autofocus in video mode that the D300s has.

I'm hoping a future firmware update for the D90 will enable this feature on the D90.

Or is it more complicated than that?

Provided all the hardware is in place, and I believe it is, I think it should be doable. It's not a big enough feature to hurt D300s sales if the D90 is updated, so I think we might be seeing that soon. Or at least we can hope...

Auto focus in video mode would be great, but I dont see it happening for the D90/D5000. They need to be sure the D300s has more features to pay more money for.

You think Nikon will give you something like this for free? :m35: especially when they're asking $850 for the new 18-200vr, and $2399 for the new 70-200II? Don't hold your breathe lol

It's worthwhile to remember that the D90 uses the D200 AF system. This is not to suggest that it is not capable of doing what you would like, but logically, if it was capable of doing it, why didn't Nikon introduce it when they announced the D90?

Personally, I'm hoping that there there will be some software/firmware updates for D90/D300 users (let's say one generation or so back) that will help/encourage many of us to stick with Nikon. I think though, that there will be just enough to say yes, I'll stay with Nikon, but enough in the next 1/2 generation that will entice us to upgrade.

K

KohlerImaging

^ Not sure how this adds to the discussion
And what did your "add" to the server bandwith contribute? He was just stating that video was not the reason that moved him toward the D90. I was able to interpret that quite easily from his post! :biggrin:

And what did your "add" to the server bandwith contribute? He was just stating that video was not the reason that moved him toward the D90. I was able to interpret that quite easily from his post! :biggrin:

This is a thread about the possibilty of of a firmware upgrade and what you would like to see in that firmware upgrade - not, what the reason was for purchasing your camera. Too bad you weren't able to interpret that as easily from the thread title.

-Fred

You think Nikon will give you something like this for free? :m35: especially when they're asking $850 for the new 18-200vr, and $2399 for the new 70-200II? Don't hold your breathe lol
This might be comparing apples to oranges for all I know but since Canon did release firmware updates for the 5d II's video (for free of course) why couldn't it be the case for the D90 ? Of course Canon doesn't have another camera that it would canibalise like the D90 would the D300.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom