With regards to Nute.....

Discussion in 'People' started by BostonRott, Aug 14, 2008.

1. I'm still not as brave as ye. These are a mere f/2 and f/2.8 respectively. Someday..... :redface: :rolleyes: 

ISO 1600 f/2 1/125th 85mm

View attachment 239473
    ISO 1600 f/2.8 1/125th 85mm

2. Gretchen these are great! Beautiful chillins too..:smile:

Sharp and with nice detail, you even captured the little woolie string the baby is about to eat.
    Everybody needs a little fiber in the diet. :biggrin:

3. Beautiful Gretchen! That first one ROCKS! You get better and better....every time you post!! I just love that expression, and eye contact...and composition. LOVELY work!

4. Gretchen, great shots!

5. Hahaha, yes he's in the "all in my mouth" stage: rug fuzz, dog fur........... :rolleyes:  Thank you for your kind words Darrell. :smile:

Thank you Sonya! She was in the process of telling me "Marbles live in the dirt!" .... the pearls a 3yr old imparts. :tongue: In fairness to Em, she has found several throughout the yard (from the previous owners).

She's really fun to shoot, when in the mood. I'd love to see what you could get out of her!! :smile:

6. My compliments Gretchen. Lovely shots and a lovely pair of children. I'll bet Em's smile melts daddy's heart.

7. Your choice of aperature is a good one Gretchen. Cute kids and they really stand out from the background. Well done.

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

o my Gretchen, these r wonderful ...first one is over the TOP!
    ...u have every reason to be proud. f2 on your d3 is like 1.4 on my d200.

your babies r beautiful!

;-)))

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice Gretchen. The first is downright superb!

10. GOREGEOUS! Both the subjects and the photos!

11. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    How did I miss these? They're wonderful Gret....

12. gretchen....
    those are awesome shots
    very well done

13. These are so cute......Children are so hard to stay still but you managed well.......The first one is so nice.

14. I agree, these are both very nice, Gretchen! I'm drawn right to the eyes.
    Thanks for sharing these.

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Gretchen,
    These are fantastic!! My 85 f1.4 is scheduled for delivery on Monday!!! Hooray!!!!! You've heightened my anticipation by posting these.

16. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Wonderful shots. really love the first.

17. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Excellent, Gretchen. They're both timeless captures. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite after looking back and forth at them.

You're makin' magic with that D3!

18. Beautiful shots of beautiful kids. Well done, Gretchen!

19. Thanks Rich! :smile: And yes, she's got him pretty tightly wrapped.......so it's up to "mean Mommy" to maintain the status quo! :tongue:

Thank you Gordon! I'm still working on my techniques with the shallower DOF's. I think I'm doing things right in the shoot, but the monitor tells me otherwise. Always a work in progress! :smile:

Hahaha, nice try there Sir! :tongue: Every time I try to work on this skill, I'm more impressed with your talent. :smile:

Thank you Fred, and good to see you 'round again! :smile:

Thanks Mike! It's always fun to shoot one's own kids (uh...that doesn't sound quite right does it?! :eek: )......or family members. I enjoy the work that goes into trying to get something nice to hand them. :smile:

Probably b/c you've been a good girl and are away packing boxes! :biggrin:

20. Thank you Doc! :smile:

Yes, the baby in particular is a challenge. At 4mos old, his movements are still somewhat random, so the shallow DOF makes me work! :biggrin:

Oh wonderful Mark, thank you! :smile:

Terri, you are going to just make that lens sing! I really look forward to your shots with it. :biggrin:

Thanks David, I've received an excellent education here at the Cafe! :smile:

Heheee, thanks! The D3 is just a wonderful tool, I can't imagine a need for anything new in the near future. For me, and what I shoot (kids in low light, fast dogs) its perfection! :smile:

Thank you Jim! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.