Wolf Eyes

Wolf Eyes, Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center, West Yellowstone, WY (captive)

p1803989456.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D800, 500 VR

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

great shot.. hate to see such beautiful animals, in captivity.. as I believe wolves may no longer be an endangered species, but I could be wrong. IF they are not endangered, then sad to see them locked up.

such beautiful animals.. great shot that shows their beauty.

Beautiful Glenn …
have driven by but never stopped on my 2 previous visits but was thinking about stopping when we go out in about 1 week ….
what were you're thoughts of the place ?

ron

great shot.. hate to see such beautiful animals, in captivity.. as I believe wolves may no longer be an endangered species, but I could be wrong. IF they are not endangered, then sad to see them locked up.

such beautiful animals.. great shot that shows their beauty.

That's simply a wonderful shot...! :cool:

Gorgeous!

superb....i just added this for next week so thanks !

We loved that place! Gorgeous eyes - that would be awesome on our band wall too! I'm so ready to go back to Yellowstone and surrounding area! Beautifully captured and love the composition.

Beautiful Glenn …
have driven by but never stopped on my 2 previous visits but was thinking about stopping when we go out in about 1 week ….
what were you're thoughts of the place ?

ron

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Much appreciated.

Ron, I have mixed feelings about the place. It is actually quite small...one bear exhibit and two wolf exhibits along with a few smaller exhibits. The one wolf exhibit is surrounded by glass which makes it almost impossible to capture photographs. The bear exhibit has distracting backgrounds. Unless the bears are within a very small range, good photographs are not possible.

Just when I was about to leave, the wolves in the one exhibit became more active and I captured some good shots. I was also able to get some shots of the grizzlies when they would enter that small range with the decent backgrounds. Overall, it was a successful photo shoot for me, but I must admit that the Brookfield Zoo located near my home provides much better photo opportunities of the wolves and grizzlies with much more attractive and natural backgrounds than the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center offered.

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom