wolf pics.....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Jul 25, 2005.

1. I have been gone for the past week or didnt you know :lol: :lol: , visited mostly in BC and giving the D2x finally a good work out, 10gb's worth and this is the first pics I post processed, Now before I set the premise here, this was the first night on the trip, just east of Golden, 9:30pm at night, dang near dark in the bush anyway, shot at 800iso, with the 70-200mm VR + 1.4TC and at f4. All I could must up was max 1/80th of a second,(this is not good for D2x) so these are crummy shots, but I have never run into a baby wolf before so thought this was pretty cool 8) . He was the size of a 3mth labrador retriever, have no idea where mom was but didnt stick around too long. He paid no real attn to us, he was eating grass and wouldnt sit still, now if I would have just had my flash with me :roll: I know bonehead, wont happen again.........Anyways it was an awesome trip, quite a variety, had an opportunity to photography a Grizzley in the wild (actually first time I have ever seen one) , mtn goat, elk, deer, bear, sheep and oh of course, landscape ( to make wife happy) LOL.......just prey they turn out better than these, urghhhhh!!

View attachment 12633

View attachment 12634

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

These are not crummy shots at all, especially considering the conditions. It looks like the WB may be just a tad cool, but other than that, they are great. A baby wolf in the wild. Wow. :wink:

3. ?Hey that is a once in aliftime capture they are not crummy at all great going I woudl be thrilled

4. Cute little pup!! :D :D :D

5. Thanks Frank.........

looking at it the WB could be a little cool, no sun so had it on AWB as too much of a pain to use grey card, plus I only had a minute. At first I thought it was a coyote, I just wish I would have made the most of the opportunity..............chance of me seeing one of these guys are slim unless I go to a zoo or something. LOL

6. Thanks Mike and Bryan........

Your too kind...............thanks for looking

7. Cool shots, Keith! You did great. I shot a beaver swimming by a couple of nights ago in the same kind of lighting - using the 70-200+1.7 wide open f 4.8 at f/500 I ended up at 1/80th as well. Unfortunately it didn't stop the motion. Yours look very good in comparison.

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope to see more of your trip soon. Where abouts in BC did you go?

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Keith,

I love wolves...

Nice captures for sure.

oh PS: do you have a blue cast in there ????

9. I love the intensity of the stare on the last image. Way to go with these shots.

10. Nice shots. I am glad I am on this side of the sceen. Those eyes are spooky.

11. Hi Dennis.........

hi Dennis, hope all is well.......... I actually didnt go any further than Golden or so, lots to see around there, and beautiful country side and a wicked golf course! :)

12. Hi Gale

I take it you had a great day out today playing :D :D

Yep, blue cast, green you name it. Wasnt happy with the shots and just didnt put any effort into cleaning these up, straight out of cam and web sized. I posted because I thought it was a cool capture, first for me :)
    but was disappointed :x I didnt make the most of it. urghhhh Such as life. LOL, now back at er again. Look forward to seeing yoru pics!!

13. Thanks Gordon and James. James he looked like a cute little puppy with HUGE feet. LOL............was a little uneasy not knowing where mom is. Pretty any where you hike you are not suppost to be in groups less than 6 in the back bush, for good reasonsssss.

have a great night gents!

14. Great pics, he looks like he's stalking something (glad he's not eyeballing you!). Can't wait to see the pics of the grizzly!! Sounds a terrific vacation, I'm jealous!

15. LOL, thanks Sandi. Havent seen you post any pics for awhile?? or Im just not looking in the right spot. LOL