Wolf!!

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by paulvanharte, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Picture taken in a wolf refuge in Golden BC. Used my 70-300 to "remove" the fence.

Paul
    DSC_1727.jpg

2. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Beautiful capture of a beautiful animal. There was a time when I was super "into" wolves and still have probably 20-30 books about them.

3. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    nuff'in but Hawtness!

Well done!

My last name is Wolf!
    hope there are no serial killers on this site :eek:

anyways, that photo is stunning. It's amazing what you can capture if you have the right eye for it. Plus, if you didn't say that about shooting past the fence i would have probably believed that you shot this out in the wild! It's THAT good! Well done! keep up the good work!

4. Lou_C

Lou_C

Jul 11, 2008
    England
    Absolutely beautiful

5. Wolf

Thanks guys. I posted this on the Dpreview forum and got royally raked over the coal. Ugly Bokeh, to much contrast, oversharpened. I agree I overdid the post editing a bit, but considering this was taken with the 70-300VR I am happy.

Paul

6. What a great shot of a beautiful animal... Superbly done...
    I wouldn't worry too much about some of the people over at DPReviw, as some of them have this problem of "Not seeing the forest for the trees".
    I look at this photo and see a beautiful animal... And I like the high contrast shot... Again... Well done mate...

7. WOW! He's beautiful! love the lighting, the composition, the colors are fantastic! Nice shooting!

8. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    What camera body did you use with your 70-300mm VR? And don't worry about what others flamed you about, you have taken a PICTURE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPH! that a 1 in a million shot! remember, in wildlife photography no two pictures are alike, even with the same subject. I think that goes for photography in general actually.

anyways, thats a beautiful photo of a beautiful animal, like i said before that would appear that you took it out in the actual wild and not a zoo or resort. prefect. it's simply perfect.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  9. Used a D40X. I appreciate the comments.

Paul

10. Corkster52

Corkster52 Guest

What a great shot! There just might be hope for me and my D40 (though I don't have the same lens):cool:

11. aivzdog

aivzdog Guest

Beautiful wolf