Wolves and Bobcats and Foxes ... Oh my

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Took my son to a wolf perserve in Northern NJ today for his birthday, he loves wolves and all animals for that matter. What a photo op, I took over three gigs worth of pictures, so here is a teaser, with many more to come.
    All taken with the D2H and the 70-200VR
    Artic Wolf
    original.
    Bobcat
    original.
    Silver Fox
    original.
    Red Fox
    original.

2. Those are awesome, Mike! Masterfully composed and metered. They're all so good, I can't begin to pick a favorite.

3. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    HOLY COW!!

These are truly outstanding shots Mike. All probably perfect, but I keep coming back to that Bobcat as being the absolute standout.

Mind-blowingly good shots.

Neil

4. Yikes Mike what else do you have in your bag of tricks. Wonderful images.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    What a lucky kid your son is! And you got some great shots.

6. Yeah yeah... right... Why don't you tell us the truth here Mike... You always wanted to shot some wolfs and especially after you saw Yves's images you made your mind. Through hypnosis you convinced your son he likes wolfs, you waited for his birthday... (the rest is recorder history, a 3GBs one...) :lol:

Excellent images Mike, now try the hypnosis with Kenyas Lions, then Arctic Stellar Seals, then... :wink:

7. Get outta here, now!! Cuz' you are just embarrassing the rest of us... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Those are very, very, good! Their environment looks so natural: did you sneak the big barrel inside the fencing? The bobcat is my favorite, closely followed by that majestic wolf. Great, great job! 8)

8. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Mike

More,More,More,More
    Beautiful,for me these are one of your best pictures I've seen

9. fantastic shots Mike! My favorite is the bobcat and the Silver Fox, wow i don't think I've ever seen a fox that incredible color. Is that the Lakota preserve? I guess you paid for the "behind the fence" option? It looks like such a cool place but kinda pricey...I remember folks once talked about organizing an outing there.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    SPECTACULAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gale

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's it, I give up! :-/

These are all so darned good, and all I have to shoot around here are geese and Sparrows! Can't really pick a favorite, but that Fox is pretty creepy looking, so I guess it would be him. WTG Mike!

12. Mike -

You're shots are all great. Love the pose of the bobcat, love the look of the silver fox. All of them are well composed and exposed. Let us see the rest when you can!

13. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Nice work Mike. all are of high quality but like the bobcat most.

14. Great animal shots Mike!! I enjoyed these very much. Thanks. :D :D

15. Nice Shots

Hi Mike,
    Your pictures are really nice. Thank you for sharing

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

I know that we spent three days together last month, and I meant to hold you down and force you to show me how you worked your magic.... 8)

I'm a great admirer of Yves and Ron, and several other great photog's, but I am in absolute awe of the shots that you get (and on a consistent basis.... :? ).

All I can say is WOW!! These are incredible :!: :!:

Frank

17. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    WOW,

Love that bobcat. I generally dislike cats because of my allergy to them but this one is spectacular.

Thanks,

18. Mike - these are seriously good photos - holy smokes!

Looking forward to seeing some more.

19. Thanks Frank me and the boy had a blast he had a non stop smile the whole time we were there. It was just so much fun to shoot these guys in a natural setting

20. Aww Frank you are making my head swell...please dont stop.. kidding aside, lately I have had some remarkable photo ops that make takign shots just that much easier. In my mind my shots are no better than the stuff posted on here, but thanks for the kind words we DO have to get together and shoot some more real soon.