Wolves and Bobcats and Foxes ... Oh my

Took my son to a wolf perserve in Northern NJ today for his birthday, he loves wolves and all animals for that matter. What a photo op, I took over three gigs worth of pictures, so here is a teaser, with many more to come.
All taken with the D2H and the 70-200VR
Artic Wolf
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bobcat
View attachment 5900
Silver Fox
View attachment 5901
Red Fox
View attachment 5902

HOLY COW!!

These are truly outstanding shots Mike. All probably perfect, but I keep coming back to that Bobcat as being the absolute standout.

Mind-blowingly good shots.

Neil

mike mac said:
Took my son to a wolf perserve in Northern NJ today for his birthday...

Yeah yeah... right... Why don't you tell us the truth here Mike... You always wanted to shot some wolfs and especially after you saw Yves's images you made your mind. Through hypnosis you convinced your son he likes wolfs, you waited for his birthday... (the rest is recorder history, a 3GBs one...) :lol:

Excellent images Mike, now try the hypnosis with Kenyas Lions, then Arctic Stellar Seals, then... :wink:

Get outta here, now!! Cuz' you are just embarrassing the rest of us... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Those are very, very, good! Their environment looks so natural: did you sneak the big barrel inside the fencing? The bobcat is my favorite, closely followed by that majestic wolf. Great, great job! 8)

fantastic shots Mike! My favorite is the bobcat and the Silver Fox, wow i don't think I've ever seen a fox that incredible color. Is that the Lakota preserve? I guess you paid for the "behind the fence" option? It looks like such a cool place but kinda pricey...I remember folks once talked about organizing an outing there.

That's it, I give up! :-/

These are all so darned good, and all I have to shoot around here are geese and Sparrows! Can't really pick a favorite, but that Fox is pretty creepy looking, so I guess it would be him. WTG Mike!

Mike -

You're shots are all great. Love the pose of the bobcat, love the look of the silver fox. All of them are well composed and exposed. Let us see the rest when you can!

Mike,

I know that we spent three days together last month, and I meant to hold you down and force you to show me how you worked your magic.... 8)

I'm a great admirer of Yves and Ron, and several other great photog's, but I am in absolute awe of the shots that you get (and on a consistent basis.... :? ).

All I can say is WOW!! These are incredible :!: :!:

Frank

PGB

WOW,

Love that bobcat. I generally dislike cats because of my allergy to them but this one is spectacular.

Thanks,

UncleFrank said:
Those are awesome, Mike! Masterfully composed and metered. They're all so good, I can't begin to pick a favorite.
Thanks Frank me and the boy had a blast he had a non stop smile the whole time we were there. It was just so much fun to shoot these guys in a natural setting

Flew said:
Mike,

I know that we spent three days together last month, and I meant to hold you down and force you to show me how you worked your magic.... 8)

I'm a great admirer of Yves and Ron, and several other great photog's, but I am in absolute awe of the shots that you get (and on a consistent basis.... :? ).

All I can say is WOW!! These are incredible :!: :!:

Frank
Aww Frank you are making my head swell...please dont stop.. kidding aside, lately I have had some remarkable photo ops that make takign shots just that much easier. In my mind my shots are no better than the stuff posted on here, but thanks for the kind words we DO have to get together and shoot some more real soon.

Latest threads

Top Bottom