Woman Stabbed to Death After Photographing Panhandlers

Tragic, but that's why you always avoid making any kind of eye/verbal contact with
street beggars... And never let them see anything of value in your hand or on your
person...

Here there are tons of them wandering the streets and they can be very nasty... I don't
dare walk the streets of this town carrying a camera which is why you'll rarely see any
street shots from me...

Hope those guys get what's comming to them...! :mad:

This sheds some light on exactly what happened.

If you ask me, what she did was, sadly, not too smart.

Sadly someone had to die because someone felt it neccassary to excercise thier "right" to take someone's picture against thier wishes. We just don't learn what "respect" means anymore. Hard lesson learned. Sad day.

At the point of the men demanding some money because their photo was taken, I probably would have handed them a 5 or 10 and hoped it would satisfy them. Telling them to (blank) off was not a very smart thing to do, and just begged for trouble.

Actually, if I had a short lens with me and thought the sign was funny, I may have approached the men telling them I found humor in their sign, and asked if I could take their photo.

At the point of the men demanding some money because their photo was taken, I probably would have handed them a 5 or 10 and hoped it would satisfy them. Telling them to (blank) off was not a very smart thing to do, and just begged for trouble.

Actually, if I had a short lens with me and thought the sign was funny, I may have approached the men telling them I found humor in their sign, and asked if I could take their photo.

+1

That is how I would have handled it. I would have approached him and said "I really like your sign and thing it is funny. I'll give you $5 if you let me take your pic?" Or simple not interact or take his picture and move on. This situation was totally avoidable.

+1

That is how I would have handled it. I would have approached him and said "I really like your sign and thing it is funny. I'll give you $5 if you let me take your pic?" Or simple not interact or take his picture and move on. This situation was totally avoidable.

Be that as it may, the fault for the death is still with the person that took a knife and slashed someone.

Be that as it may, the fault for the death is still with the person that took a knife and slashed someone.

Probably so, but it was avoidable. This is akin to jumping over the fence that surrounds the polar bear exhibit at the zoo and not expecting to get bit. There's a reason there is a fence. There is a reason you don't aggravate street people. I sure as hell wouldn't blame the polar bear for biting the idiot that hopped the fence. As for the person that got slashed, it doesn't who is to blame, sadly she learned an expensive lesson.

She did not learn any lesson.
She died.

She paid the ultimate price so that HOPEFULLY others will learn from her mistakes. Yes, it sucks, but there are no do-overs in these cases.

Call it manslaughter or murder or something else, but it seems difficult to justify losing one's life in these circumstances.

Agree! Especially when the situation was avoidable.

and how many gutless worms watched and did nothing?

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom