Women in Sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think you broke any rules. Great work
Ah, Tinstafl, your post shows some awareness of just how close to the edge these images are. OK, this series may not have technically broken any rules, but..... I just have to say that as a woman and as someone who has been at the Cafe since nearly the very beginning, I feel that these shots are certainly not in the spirit that Nikon Cafe originally was centered around: safe viewing, non-controversial and no viewing of potentially questionable subjects, no matter where one was, whether at work or at home and with a child sitting on one's lap gazing at the images, too....

Surely, having a family-friendly photography site isn't such a bad idea, is it? Aren't there plenty of other sites online where one can post images of women who may or may not even know they're being photographed in the first place (violation of privacy, much?) and regarding them more as "objects" than as real people? Or posting photos of women in various costuming and scenarios that, whether or not intended, again seems to convey that they are mere objects for certain people's appreciation?

I just find it disappointing to see one possible direction in which Nikon Cafe may be headed, when really, it is not necessary at all.....

Last edited:
Ah, Tinstafl, your post shows some awareness of just how close to the edge these images are. OK, this series may not have technically broken any rules, but..... I just have to say that as a woman and as someone who has been at the Cafe since nearly the very beginning, I feel that these shots are certainly not in the spirit that Nikon Cafe originally was centered around: safe viewing, non-controversial and no viewing of potentially questionable subjects, no matter where one was, whether at work or at home and with a child sitting on one's lap gazing at the images, too....

Surely, having a family-friendly photography site isn't such a bad idea, is it? Aren't there plenty of other sites online where one can post images of women who may or may not even know they're being photographed in the first place (violation of privacy, much?) and regarding them more as "objects" than as real people? Or posting photos of women in various costuming and scenarios that, whether or not intended, again seems to convey that they are mere objects for certain people's appreciation?

I just find it disappointing to see one possible direction in which Nikon Cafe may be headed, when really, it is not necessary at all.....
I might see where the first one falls into your description but they are far from family unfriendly. Just my opinion but I also shoot mostly people too and I just don’t post here much any more because of pushback. Probably one of the reasons there is not much activity in the people section.

It's completely unreasonable to launch a personal attack against a photographer for publishing consensual portraits of fully clothed people in public places. Using the workplace as a standard is irrelevant because you are not supposed to be surfing the internet at work. It's wasting time. One should not be surfing the internet with a child in your lap either. Your attention should be focused on the child.

Puerile ogling is not meaningful, or even good, photography.
You know there is an ignore option right? And if you're concerned about other cafe viewers viewing images of attractive women, I think as mature adults we can manage those decisions for ourselves.

You know there is an ignore option right? And if you're concerned about other cafe viewers viewing images of attractive women, I think as mature adults we can manage those decisions for ourselves.
I know there is an ignore option. I never critiqued other cafe members or said they can't make their own decisions. So praise is allowed but comments about the photographer and his relation to his subjects aren't?

Comments about the photographer and his relation to his subjects are personal attacks in this context. They are accusations of inappropriate behavior, misogyny and sexual harassment. This is pretty serious stuff to be throwing around and mean at that. I guess the objective is to get me to leave the forum. Perhaps I should expect it in this age of sexual McCarthyism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom