Women's Field Hockey

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Shot some womens field hockey today the weather was perfect with a nice warm late afternoon light. My fiancés daughter, Mandy scored two goals but the game ended in a tie with the other team scoring the last goal with less than ten seconds left.
    All shots with the D2X and the 200-VR shot in A mode with the WB set to auto
    Mandy on her way to the first goal
    [​IMG]
    Fighting for the ball
    [​IMG]
    Bringing up the ball
    [​IMG]
    Concentrating on the ball
    [​IMG]
    A big rip at it
    [​IMG]
    Taking a divot
    [​IMG]
    Mandy yelling for the ball
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great series, Mike. All show action well, have nice DOF and are composed well. The 70-200 works very nicely with the X.

3. Hi Mike, nice field hockey shots. I have moved this to the PJ forum, hope you don't mind.

4. Thanks Frank it is actually the 200-400VR and is perfect for thsi type of shooting

5. Thanks on both accounts Gordon I apprciate it

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Boy, Mike, it doesn't get any better than this. You are really making that cam/lens combo shine! Monopoded?

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    What an intense series. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the photos, you've given me a couple of ideas.

8. Steve
    Yes on a monopod but I tried something different I mounted my Markins ball head and side kick and mounted the 200-400 and shot this way. I tighten the screw so the ball head did not rotate and it worked great

9. Thanks so much for looking good luck and share your ideas you got from this post.