Women's LAX (4/14)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by ZBaum, Apr 22, 2007.

1. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

A few shots from a game a few weeks ago. First was with my D70 and Sigma 70-200, the last two were with a D200 and 300 f/2.8 AF-I (not mine...I wish they were though).

200mm, 1/1000, f/3.5, ISO 200
    [​IMG]

300mm, 1/1250, f/2.8, ISO 200
    [​IMG]

300mm, 1/2000, f/2.8, ISO 200
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Whoops, realized I forgot to crop the last two. Updated them.

2. nice but maybe some wb probs or too much color boost

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I was thinking the same...the action is good, but something about the coloration seems off. I hope that you enjoyed shooting with the 300mm lens, it is one sweet hunk of glass.

4. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Thanks guys. I agree about the color (I'm assuming you mean on the last two shots?). I never checked the WB or color settings before I used the D200, which I probably should have. Going back and looking at the EXIF, it seems that the person had the WB set to cloudy, and the color set to "Vivid". I'm going to go back and run them through PP again. I'll update the original post with the new photos.

5. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very nice shots, indeed.

I thought the same thing as Randy and Frank when I saw the differences between the first shot and the last two. Cloudy and vivd would definately explain it.

6. Very nice set I know the D200 is a very contrasty camera so the two settign you mention would be the cause for sure also check the color space they were shot in. the action is great sharp though good job

7. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Here are the new versions of the last two photos. I'm on a laptop, so there's no easy way to calibrate my monitor, which could also be a part of the color issues. Thanks for the comments everyone. I shot baseball with the 300 on my D70 today, and almost all of them were keepers (as far as focus/sharpness goes).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Much much better good PP job