Critique Wonderfully weird drop art formations

The title of the thread says it all.

Two drops from a blue mixture and one drop from a red mixture were dropped onto the surface of the liquid in the margarita glass that was constantly changing color as more and more liquid was dropped into it.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-09-19--0054-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-09-19--0006-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-09-19--0041-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-09-19--0053-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-09-19--0045-S.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Gordon!

who would have thought that such contortions would have emerged from a simple drop hitting a full glass.
After seeing your comment, I added the following clarification to the first post in the thread:

Two drops from a blue mixture and one drop from a red mixture were dropped onto the surface of the liquid in the margarita glass that was constantly changing color as more and more liquid was dropped into it.

Thanks, Gordon!

After seeing your comment, I added the following clarification to the first post in the thread:

I see said the blind man.

Thank you also to Connie and Mitch!

The rich blue color in those unmixed drops really add a nice vibrancy and contrast.
Thanks especially for mentioning that you like that particular detail. I made a point of adding a lot more food coloring to the two mixtures this time, hoping to achieve a richer appearance than in previous sessions. It worked.

Thank you to Dan, Bill and Binnur!

A lot of time and effort must have gone into creating these images.
When I think of the time and effort of people traveling great distances to another part of the world, then hiking considerable distances to get to the perfect location, then waiting sometimes days for the ideal light, then hiking back and returning home, I get the impression that landscape photography, just as one example, requires considerably more time and effort than me walking into my makeshift studio, mixing some liquids, pouring them into the bottles, and releasing the shutter 300 - 500 times to get about 20 - 30 keepers.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom