Wont be much longer... C&C wanted

Discussion in 'People' started by bwilder10h, May 26, 2007.

1. Not sure about this pic... want opinions on whether it's a keeper or not.

My wife is starting to wash up some of the little clothes and get them ready for Mason's trip home in about 5 weeks. I'm not usually a sentimental kinda guy but these little outfits and clothing items make me smile because how tiny they are.

It's not perfectly in focus because I was trying to do this on my own with the timer on the D2X :rolleyes

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Brian...speaking as a mom (one who is due any day now), this definitely works! I love that your body and the little outfit are out of focus, and that your arms are clearly in focus. Shows a tender strength, a gentleness.

This is going to be a wonderful experience for you and your wife. I'm looking forward to seeing images of the new little guy!

3. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    london
    The simplicity of this shot implies much.........I like it

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sure it is a keeper.

5. Thank you for the comments Leigh. It's not what I consider a great shot... just fooling around a little this afternoon.

I'm looking forward to seeing him for the first time and lots of pictures of course... :wink:

Thanks Patrick. Appreciate your comments.

Thanks Gale :smile:

6. Ah yes, lots of meaning in this shot.

7. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

excellent....

it suggests "expecting" or "remembering"...

i like this alot...

8. It works like magic! Wonderful image

9. works for me too

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Your life will definately change...for the better. When you see those little eyes staring back at you...you'll wonder..."how can this be?" Children are a special blessing.

11. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Brian,

I really really like it. It conveys the anticipation of the little one's arrival.

I'd follow up with another shot with the same pose, same outfit, same focus, but with the little guy wearing the outfit (once he's strong enough to hold his little head up).

Have you decided on a name???

12. After you're done taking baby pictures, can I have your camera? I'll try to work around the focus problem. I know you won't want to shoot a bunch of fuzzy, blurry, and less than perfect pictures. :wink:

13. Heck yea its a keeper. It would also make a great greating card or invite to a baby shower.

14. Beautiful image. What a wonderful idea!!

15. Thanks Gordon... It's kind of special to me... :smile:

Thanks for your comments

Thanks for the nice words Dave.

Glad you like it Roy

My wife isn't really what I would call a girlie girl... she actually grew up a tomboy and can throw a football farther than most guys her age and field a ground-ball better too, but she has already changed a lot. She definitely a more emotional creature than she ever was before... :tongue:

Thanks Marty. That's a good idea on the follow-up shot.:wink: We finally agreed on a name... Mason Elijah (her grandfather was Eli) ... but we still have a month to change our minds again. :rolleyes::wink:

The focus was actually my issue, not the camera. The D2X is going to stay with me for a while :biggrin: I had it set on a tripod and was trying to lock focus with one hand and then move it back into the frame for the shot. One of these days I'll get a remote :frown:

Thanks for the kind words Fred :smile:

Crystall, thank you for the nice comment.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love it. I'm so happy for you. Hope you are enjoying every moment as it all goes by so fast!

17. I like it a lot. Leigh nailed it in her comment.

BTW - I like "expecting" better than "remembering", the latter word has a sad by-taste.

Cheers

18. Mason isn't too shabby a name :rolleyes:

I see where Elijah comes from, but what about Mason? I didn't know any other Mason's growing up but I am hearing of more kids with the name.

Very nice picture, too!

19. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I think it definetly works, I shot a couple like it also before Aiden made his arival. It is a great little keepsake because they will grow out of this stuff so quickly.

Dan

20. Thanks Terri. It wont be long now... but you are right. It seems like yesterday when we found out and now here we are right at 8months :eek:

I agree... expecting is a better choice in this situation. Thanks

Mason is in all the books now on the top 50 names lists. I'm not sure why it wasn't more popular before now but it's not because it wasn't a great name. :wink: I wanted to name him Brady Mason... but the wife wins again... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Thanks for the comments Dan. I hope all is well with the new addition to your house and you are getting some rest. :smile: