Woodies

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I have to agree with Dan! If only #1 had been shot close to wide open the background and water might have been smoother. So #2 is my fav in this set!

Awesome set. I'll have to go with the second shot at fave due to it's the cleanest water and BG. But all three are really nice. Well done.
Thank you Dan.

Love these ducks. All great shots but there is something about a wing fan that appeals to me most.
Thanks Bob. I have many of the wing fans, hard to choose which one to post.

Nice shots. You know from the title I was a little worried that it ought to have a NSFW sticker. :)
Thanks (and you are bad...)

Excellent!
Thanks Allan.

Nice set, #2 is my favorite.
Appreciate it Louie - seems to be the group fav.

Awesome shots of the Woodies..............
Glad you like them Darrell.

nice set Fred, what lens ?
It was the 200 - 400 vr1 Randy. It's the perfect range for the blind that I am using.

I have to agree with Dan! If only #1 had been shot close to wide open the background and water might have been smoother. So #2 is my fav in this set!
Thanks Karen. Like everything in photography, it's a trade-off. With that lens, if I had shot at f/4 the eye would have been sharp but the back half of the duck (the end towards the camera) would have been out of focus. You can see how narrow the in-focus area is in shot no. 2 when shot at f/4.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom