woodstorks

Hi you all,

I just received word that the woodstork nests at Ding Darling (5000-10,000 nest) have failed. The woodstorks had to abandon their nests just as their eggs were hatching. They left because waters levels were too high for them to feed. This is not good news for a bird that is already endangered.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful shots, Harry! Too bad about the nesting site :( -- I sure hope they recover and don't completely lose a nesting season.

drueter said:
Beautiful shots, Harry! Too bad about the nesting site :( -- I sure hope they recover and don't completely lose a nesting season.
Thanks Don. Unfortunately since they nest only once a year the Ding Darling colony's nesting season is a wash out.

Harry,

That's terrible news. I really like this species. I hope that the ones around your side of the state do OK.

Very nice shots BTW.

Such sad news, after being hit with the devastation of the hurricanes last year, Darling has had its share of problems. Feel bad for all the young hatchlings - what a sorry end.
Great shots, Harry, esp #3 with the reflection.
Cheers, Sandi

Flew said:
Harry,

That's terrible news. I really like this species. I hope that the ones around your side of the state do OK.

Very nice shots BTW.
Hey Frank,

The ones over here seem to be doing better. Our colonies are not as large.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom