Woodward Dream Cruise

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by dbirdsong, Aug 20, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Even though the weather was overcast and all together yucky I went to the Woodward Dream Cruise today in Pontiac (Woodward ave. is several miles long starting at Jefferson Ave in Downtown Detroit and goes north to Pontiac where it loops back around and heads toward Canada again.)
    Here are a few of my favorites from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what the girls were looking at in the picture above.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well done, Dave. I especially like the close-ups under the hood. The expression on the ladies faces is priceless...they are probably saying that the Corvette is ugly, as compared to today's model. If only they knew how much that vintage piece of "plastic fantastic" is worth. The '57 Chevy is sweet as well. The chrome looks re-done and it has the rubber bullets intact.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Frank.. It was fun.
    The one on the far right is my youngest daughter (the other 2 are her friends that I brought with me) and Ali took her road test today and passed and gets her license on Monday. She wants that car! She loves old classics a lot.
    I might have to get her a the t-shrit that says "wrap your A$$ in Fiberglass" that a good friend has for his wife when they go out for a drive in their 63 Split Window. :D

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very nice series, Dave! Have you created a monster getting your daughter interested in classic cars? That could be even more expensive than LLD!!

5. You may have created a monster, classic cars are not cheap. Love your images Dave. Keep the flap buttoned on your wallet pocket.