Woodworking

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by greyflash, Nov 8, 2017.

1. While I was busy running around trying to keep up with the daily Octoberfest 2017 images I was also building an 8' x 8' entertainment center for my neighbor. We did this from his hand drawn plan which made it twice as hard since we had no cut list and had to hand fit most parts as we went along. Due to the size it was built in four modules and then assembled in his living room.

Entertainment Center 2.

• Wow Wow x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Stunning! Really beautiful and functional, too!

3. Oh my, that is so very nice.

4. Great job, Gordon! We wouldn't want you to get lazy, so what's your next project? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. That's a very impressive pice of work, Gordon. I didn't know that you are also a skilled woodworker. Wish you lived closer!

6. web52

web52

May 9, 2008
    houston tx
    Experienced woodworkers don't need the painfully detailed plans that lesser mortals need.
    You did a really good job with it. Photo is pretty good, too.

7. LOL. Once I made some large dovetailed drawers for fun and then decided to build a modular bed in cherry around them.

8. R and R.
    Thanks to all of you for your very kind remarks. And to Jacques if you are going to build dovetail drawers you need to build something to put them in. They are much to fine to waste. ;)

9. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Very nice work Gordon I bet that kept you busy for a few days

10. Way more than a few days. Thanks for the compliment.

11. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Impressive Gordon.

12. Most impressive indeed.

13. Thanks Walter.
    Appreciate your comment Louis.

14. Beautiful craftsmanship Gordon. I'm sure your neighbor was thrilled with it.

15. He is pretty happy with it. He doesn’t have the skills or the equipment to tackle such a project on his own so he is grateful that I took it on. Thanks for the nice comment Brian.

16. rcooper

rcooper

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    Beautiful work,Gordon.When I tried to build something I always needed three hands.Your neighbor is very lucky.

17. Thank you Ralph, it was more than I wanted to take on but it all worked out well in the end.

18. Great job! Beautiful and professional.

19. Wow Gordon! You can be my neighbour anytime. I have no building skills at all and I'm always impressed with those that do. You sir have shown to be masterful in your woodworking skills.