Woodworking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I have a full blown woodworking shop with a cyclone dust collection system permanently installed. I build furniture as well as odds and ends like picture frames clocks, stools, etc. I have caught myself of late thinking about what a great location for a photo studio but I doubt I will ever act on it.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Clocks?

We need to talk!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats wonderful Gordon,

My Uncle and My dad and My grandpa did that. Loved Grampas' workshop. Yeah as a little girl I drove him nutzz.. Why Grandpa a thousand times a day.

Gale

4. Gordon -

Those are two very different creative outlets (photography and woodworking), but if you're even close to the same skill level with wood that you are with photography then you must be very talented indeed. You can take pictures lots of places (you live in one of the most beautiful places in the world), but where else can you work the wood into masterpieces? Keep the workshop...

5. Thanks guys. Both woodworking and photography have been off and on hobbies all my life. Now that I am retired I get to indulge myself.

6. Patrick, are you a clock builder? With me I try to find something to give all of my kids for Christmas. Clocks and jewelry boxes seemed to fit into that category. I think this year I will give each one of them a framed picture and I will take the image, cut the mat and build the frame.

7. Woodworking - I love it

Like you Gordon, I've got a full blown wood shop. Since we have started traveling, the shop tends to sit idle to much of the time, but boy it sure is nice to be able to get involved in a project. I built our house and some of our furnature. My shop, the upstairs of our garage, lacks a good heating system, so the wintertime use is not what I like.

Chet

8. Re: Woodworking - I love it

That's neat Chet. My photography definitely eats into my woodworking time and so my shop also sits idle much of the time. As to winters, ours are pretty mild and so that doesn't stop me at all. I do have a cooler for the summer months.

9. Hi Gordon,

Tell me about a funny coincidence. I share that hobby too. Half of my basement is my wood workshop. I build several of my home furniture and began to do small jewellery boxes before my old passion for photography is revived by digital imaging. Since then, my woodshop sits idle most of the time.

David is right about photography and woodworking: they are both creative hobbies.

10. I am glad to hear that Dao, we have much in common.